How do I renovate HDB?
If you live in a housing board home, you know that finding your dream home is just the beginning of the process. A home renovation project includes creating a budget, hiring contractors or interior designers, and setting the renovation process. These are just some few things you should consider.
Renovations in your first home can be both exciting and intimidating. It is likely that you’ve been planning and saving money to get the perfect home for years, we totally understand your apprehension and that’s why we’ve got a number of HDB renovation packages for your home. Being aware of the factors to consider when renovating an HDB will help homeowners like you understand the rules and regulations when renovating a resale flat.
Before making even the smallest changes, the homeowner must gain knowledge of the renovation guidelines and required permits. Permits are written approvals from the HDB. Renovations without the permit are unauthorised.
The following renovations need a particular permit before you carryout them:
It is important to know that these guidelines demand high-quality workmanship and ensure safety for homeowners.
Ready to schedule your service?
With over 20 years of experience in renovation, we partner with owners and design professionals to build high-quality projects.
How long can HDB renovation last?
A renovation project’s duration depends on various factors, including the size of the flat, scope of work and whether it is a new HDB or a resale flat. Nevertheless, this list will offer you a guide to essential and popular renovation-related time periods:
Renovation works that take more than four weeks.:
- Hacking walls to increase the interior space of a room.
- Building vanity units.
- Renovation of the flooring and false ceiling.
- Extending the bathroom space so that it can be only used as a dry zone.
Renovations that can be completed within a month:
- Wallpaper-based and painting based wall treatment options.
- Loose furniture acquisition and installation.
- Installation of new wardrobes and kitchen cabinets.
- Setting up a dining area.
How much does it cost to renovate hdb?
Whether the property will be leased out or whether it is going to become a place of permanent residence for the homeowner, determines how much renovation is necessary.
If the intention is to generate passive income, it would make sense to be more economical with regards to the type of renovations done, as opposed to someone planning to live there. The decision of buying and owning property is both practical and emotional.
Likewise, age of the house also determines the amount of renovation needed. If you choose to lease or buy a resale apartment or condo, you are likely to pay more for renovations than if you purchased a brand new unit.
After considering all the factors, the final renovation cost depends on:
- Type of home : What kind of flat or house is it? Does it already come with any existing fittings?
- Its age & condition : An entirely new BTO will undergo a very different set of renovations than a decades-old resale flat.
- The amount of renovation work you need done : Are you happy with everything the way it is or do you want everything hacked and built from scratch?
- Type of materials : If you’re into marble counters and parquet floors, expect to pay more.
- The contractor or ID firm you choose : Clearly, each company charges differently.
Renovations make your home more valuable and excitingly enjoyable to live in. Comdecor Renovation will help you find the right home for you, secure financing, and get started on renovating your home. We provide full-service house renovation and tiling services in Singapore in your preferred budget. Check out what fits in your budget in our HDB Renovation packages. We have over a decade of experience renovating commercial and residential buildings and continue to strive to attain and maintain our reputation for quality work.
Call us at +65 9007 8003 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to know in detail about the HDB Renovation packages and speak with our direct tiling contractors in Singapore. Our team of tiling experts will respond within the next 24 hours.
Get in Touch
We would love to hear from you about your next tiling project. Our team at Comdecor Renovation have years of experience, can share ideas and answer any questions.
Let's Talk About Your Next Tiling Project
Please fill in the form below and we’ll set up a time to discuss your project in further detail.